EVENT – B&H University : URM Building Ordinance Changes
The SVN | Bluestone & Hockley corporate office at 9320 SW Barbur Blvd. Suite 300, Portland, Oregon will conduct a class taught by Managing Principal of KPFF, Blake Patsy. In this presentation, Blake will present the latest updates on the City of Portland’s ordinance changes for Unreinforced Masonry (URM) buildings, including placarding and tenant notification requirements.
This event will be held on Thursday, February 21st from 4:30pm – 6:00pm at 9320 SW Barbur Blvd. Suite 300 Portland, OR 97219
Light refreshments will be provided.
To register for this event please visit B&H University URM Ordinance Changes
About the Speaker
Blake Patsy PE, SE | Managing Principal, KPFF
As a principal-in-charge for seismic renovation projects at KPFF, Mr. Patsy works with his clients and the other members of the design team to determine the appropriate rehabilitation objective for each project. Mr. Patsy also advises his clients on selecting the proper structural upgrade approach that best meets the agreed upon objectives. Mr. Patsy oversees comparative analyses between structural systems including each approach’s cost analysis. Over the years, Mr. Patsy has obtained a vast knowledge of differing construction techniques and analytical methods (ASCE 41-06 Seismic Rehabilitation of Existing Buildings) used to obtain the best renovation possible. He joined KPFF in 1989 as an intern, was named an associate of the firm in 1996, and was promoted to principal in 2000 and became Managing Partner in 2008.
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Portland State University
- Registered Structural Engineer: OR, WA, CA, AZ, DC, ID, IL, NV
- Registered Civil Engineer: AL, AR, CA, CO, FL, Guam, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OK, PA, UT, SD, MO
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- International Conference of Building Officials
- Structural Engineers Association of Oregon
- National Institute of Building Sciences
- National Assoc. of Industrial and Office Properties
- International Code Council